Too many young people are missing out on the challenges and adventures that could transform their lives. Joining the Navy Cadets, part of the New Zealand Cadet Forces (NZCF) can change that.
We give young people – from all walks of life - access to fun, friendship, action and adventure.
We challenge young people to learn more, do more and try more. We inspire them to aim high and go further in life, no matter what they aim to do.
Our volunteers get to know each cadet individually and offer a huge range of training, qualifications and challenges. They inspire young people to challenge their limits, become more independent, confident and able to step up to any challenge.
With 2,700 cadets supported by 400 adult volunteers in 98 units across New Zealand, NZCF makes a big impact on young people, parents and communities.
A typical training year with T.S. Bellona includes:
- First Aid training
- Residential leadership courses
- Upper North Island / National Regattas
- National shooting competitions
- Auckland Anniversary day regatta
- Collecting for RSA on poppy day
- ANZAC day parades
- Assist with RSA veteran activities
- Power boat handing
- NZ Coastguard qualifications
- Royal New Zealand Navy Ship and Base visits